Bupa Salary Sacrifice Healthcare Cash Plan
Bupa and Barratt Developments understand that health choices are personal and healthcare bills can easily mount up.
That's why we've teamed up and negotiated special reduced rates on the Bupa Cash Plan. The Bupa Cash Plan 100 is run on a salary sacrifice basis, which means that further savings are made on your NI contributions. This is a taxable benefit which will be reported on your P11D form at the end of the tax year.
What is the Bupa Cash Plan?
Bupa Cash Plan is a high value and low cost solution for everyday healthcare expenses. Bupa Cash Plan differs from private medical insurance in that it is designed to offset the cost of regular healthcare bills. Bupa Cash Plans provide help towards the cost of everyday healthcare expenses that many people already incur and offer a wide range of benefits to a wide cross section of employees and their families at a low cost.
Cash Plan 100 Company includes
- 100% percent cash back on all levels (up to benefit limits)
- none of the benefits on this scheme require a GP referral or authorisation from Bupa
- no medical - all pre-existing conditions are included
- claim up to 2 years after the treatment date
- cash back on all levels for dental costs from checkups to cosmetic treatment (up to benefit limits)
- cash back on all levels for optical costs from routine sight tests to glasses and contact lenses, (up to benefit limits)
- cash back on all levels for consultation fees (up to benefit limits)
- cash for hospital stays (up to benefit limits)
- dependent children included at no extra cost on family membership cover
- help lines – 24 hours, 365 days a year providing advice and support on these and other areas; legal, stress, Tax and medical issues
- no medical underwriting, no upper joining age limit for employees of Your Company
- subscriptions are the same irrespective of age or claims history
How does the scheme work?
The scheme is a voluntary benefit, meaning you pay the full cost of membership should you wish to join the scheme.
However, as you are purchasing the benefit through the Company, you are able to benefit from negotiated corporate discounts on the cover available.
The scheme is operated on a salary sacrifice basis meaning that you save on your National Insurance contributions.
You are able to select one of six different levels of cover (See Appendix 1 – Level of Cover table).
Cover starts from £1.34 per week or £5.81 per month (See Appendix 6 - Premium table)
All new members can claim straight away (See Appendix 5 - making a claim). On-line claiming is also available and details will be provided on this process within your membership pack.
How do I join the scheme?
Employees can complete the online application data file (See Appendix 3 – application data file) and send electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to David Buchan, Bupa, Bupa Place, 102 The Quays, Salford Quays, M50 3SP.
Once your membership has been processed with Bupa and the payroll department, you will receive confirmation of your policy direct from Bupa. This will normally be by the end of the month in which you have joined the scheme.
When will my cover start and my deductions begin?
Cover will commence on the 1st of the month following completion and return of the confirmation statement which will be sent to the you by your HRC. The first deduction will be made from your salary, in the next available payroll following completion and return of the confirmation statement which should be sent by you to your HRC by the specified date
For further information (See Appendix 2 - Cash Plan Membership guide, Appendix 4 – Q&A's) or contact the Cash Plan Helpline number on 0845 602 1092 quoting the Barratt Developments Group Number which is 15192.