Construction Worker Helpline
Here when times are tough…
The Construction Worker Helpline is a free, confidential service for construction workers and their ‘living in household’ dependents. Set up by B&CE’s Charitable Trust, it offers you support, advice and a guiding hand in times of need.
What you can expect
They’re here to help you explore your options to make the best decision, or direct you to the right service.
Do you or your household dependents…..
• Need help with debt or money worries?
• Think some counselling would benefit you?
• Want some guidance about housing and social welfare?
• Struggle with mental or physical health issues?
Lines are open 8am to 8pm – 7 days a week.
You’re not alone…
Did you know?
• 88% of those working in construction experienced some level of work-related stress (HSE, 2007).
• Nearly one in seven British adults experience difficulties sleeping because of worrying about money (StepChange, 2014).
• Nearly half of people have suffered, or know someone close to them who has suffered from mental health issues (Opinium Research, 2015).
B&CE’s Charitable Trust set up Construction Worker Helpline. So you can feel confident speaking to a friendly voice, knowing they have the experience to point you towards the help you need.
Who’s B&CE and the Charitable Trust?
B&CE is a not-for-profit organisation with a clear focus on its members.
B&CE launched the Charitable Trust in 1991. Its aim was to benefit workers in the construction industry, and their families, to help alleviate individual financial strain and hardship.
So far it’s paid out nearly £3m to construction industry workers in need. For example, they’ve helped individuals clear rent arrears preventing eviction. Through training and retraining, they’ve helped unemployed people get back into work. They’ve also helped towards the cost of home adaptations and the provision of priority white goods in times of need.
The helpline was launched to help even more workers in construction.
B&CE has been providing financial products to the construction industry since 1942. We’re pleased to offer our new Construction Worker Helpline service, a non-contractual benefit, set up by B&CE’s Charitable Trust. (The Trust reserves the right to withdraw the service at any time.)